- Don’t extrapolate last 18 months returns to the next 18 months.
- Don’t have your entire portfolio in equity. Diversify and be conservative.
- Don’t rush into mid and small caps. They give you the worst kind of rides.
- Don’t exit all your investments out of fear. It is mighty difficult to come back.
- Don’t bet on timing the market. Very few people are lucky to get that right.
- Don’t fall for fancy investment options with mention of words like guaranteed, assured, super profits, or any financial porn.
- Don’t watch TV channels about stock markets. They stir your emotions up into doing something that you might regret.
- Don’t do what your friends and family are doing. They have different needs and investing profile.
- Don’t let a portfolio make you lose sleep. Redo it in a way that while it works for you, it keeps you at peace.
- Don’t take an eye off the ball (your goals). Chasing goals and achieving them is far more rewarding than finding that elusive multi bagger.
- Don’t forget that equity is not your only investment, you have bonds, real estate, etc. in your portfolio too.
- Don’t forget… this is what the investing journey with equity looks like.
Leave a Reply