What a roller coaster it has been! In March 2020, it seemed that the world was coming to an end. Today, even though the crisis is far from over, there is hope.
Difficult times test us our resolve, our goals and most importantly, what do we stand for. And this ultimately reflects in our actions.
The last quarter was one such time. It has got us to reflect deep.
The one big learning is limit all risk to the equity portfolio. Your debt / fixed income portfolio has to be safe with only high quality credit holdings.
The other learning that has been reinforced is that no one knows what lies in the future. Hence, asset allocation and diversification will continue to play a huge role in investment portfolios.
You don’t know what the markets will do and hence sticking to the plan (with minor changes) is what you should focus on.
Let me now announce the July 2020 Insider updates.
We have made a few changes to our Mutual Fund Shortlists as well as the portfolios.
- In April, the no. of portfolios were trimmed to just 3 instead of the 9 before. This simplifies decision making. Some of the portfolios have been updated for allocations as well as individual schemes.
- We continue to focus on the moderate portfolio for now. The markets are running without legs, it is more important to not venture too deep with aggression. Having said that, the next year or so, is a great time to get your equity allocation in place.
- International Diversification continues to be an important pillar of the portfolios.
- The Mutual Fund Shortlist has updates too with 2 new debt fund schemes making it to the list.
- There is fresh content on Insurance along with recommendations. We will soon be adding a comparison of 4 Accident & Disability schemes as well.
- You will also find a new simple format for a WILL. You owe this to your family and dependents to ensure that they know what exactly they have to do, if something were to happen to you.
- Finally, I can never stop focusing on the fact that you need a structure before you can start making investments. This structure is provided by a financial plan. And for this reason, we now have a fresh new workbook template which you can use to build your own plan.
- You also witnessed a few premium notes on investments as a part of the Insider. More are on their way. If you would like us to cover any specific investment option, send us an email.
- As always you can ask your questions away to clarify and discuss issues with your portfolio and your plan.
Between all the the advice, tools and support, you have no excuse to not take control of your personal finances.
So, what are you waiting for? Log in to your Insider Account and check out now.
Not subscribed yet? Here are all the reasons why you should do it now. Click for details.
Have any questions? Send them to me at email@example.com
Leave a Reply