A lot has happened to the mutual fund schemes and fund houses over the last year or so. And it is now time to capture these changes in a single place, your ready reckoner – The Guide to building a Winning Mutual Fund portfolio.
As you are aware, Unovest has a free guide – How to build a winning mutual fund portfolio. The guide was last updated in 2017. Here’s the link in case you want to download again or see past contents.
So much water has flown under the bridge since then. The SEBI scheme recategorisation, scheme mergers, capital gains taxes on equity schemes, steady inflow of money into mutual funds, etc.
It is time the guide gets a fresh update and is relevant for 2018 and onwards.
Now, since this guide is for you, it is only appropriate that I seek your feedback and comments as to what should go into this.
In the previous guide, we had covered the following:
- Understand how NOT to select a mutual fund
- Learn to work with key factors to consider in mutual fund selection
- List the criteria for your own fund selection
- Build your own portfolio of equity mutual funds (by applying additional criteria)
- Create an asset allocation with mutual funds
- Avoid the key mistakes in building a mutual fund portfolio
- Know when to sell a mutual fund (or book profits)
While we will retain the above, what do you want to see in this guide that will help you make better decisions to build your own winning mutual fund portfolio?
Make yourself heard. Just add your detailed comments to this post and let me know what matters to you.
Looking forward to your comments and feedback. Much thanks in advance.